Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I join in Brigid’s regular weekly classes? And do they count to my Apprentice Hours?
Yes! I would love to have you join my regular classes. I can offer any class at a 50% discount which takes the price to £6/class.
And yes, every class you do out-with the On-Line course counts towards your Apprentice Hours.
2. I have a full-time job - can I still do the training?
Yes! The course is designed in such a way that you can complete it in your own time. From the point of signing up you will have 12 months to complete the course. After that, you will lose access to the coursework and have to re-register.
3. I have small children - can I still do the training??
4. I have an injury: can I still do the training?
It slightly depends what the injury is and how incapacitated you are. My advice in general terms is that you want to be as fit and able as possible, and it might be better to wait until you are on the mend. The training is quite a physical one and is designed to teach you to teach, rather than to rehab you.
5. I have never done Pilates before: can I still do the training?
No. You need to have a MINIMUM of 20 hours under your belt, and the more experience you have, the more you will get out of it. The average experience my students have is around 1-2 years. If you have no experience, please sign up for regular classes first.
6. I have never done anatomy before: is that a problem?
No. The anatomy we learn is very practical and presented in such a way to help your learning.
7. I am not a dancer: is that OK?
8. I can’t make the Weekly Tutorials: is that a problem?
The weekly Tutorials are your opportunities to ask questions and seek clarification, so it is in your interests to attend whenever possible. Clearly, whatever time I choose won’t suit everybody, but each tutorial will be recorded and made available for the duration of your training.
9. Can I come and work with you face to face??
Of course! My studio is open for 121s and I would be happy to see as many of you as possible although that will not always be practical. I would love to help you in a hands-on way as much as I can. Or even on Zoom. Due to the nature of the course, any 121 time has to be counted as extra and will be charged at my standard rate of £50/hour, although the hours will all count towards your course.
10. When is the exam date?
At the moment I am intending to run an exam 2-3 times per year.
11. I can’t make the exam date: is there another opportunity to sit the exam?
Yes! For a variety of reasons, you may not be able to make the exam date as set. You have 12 months to sit the exam and you can just wait for the next date. If you still haven’t sat the exam within 12 months, you will need to repeat the course.
12. What is in the exam?
The exam has several components: a 2 hour written exam, a practical exam which consists of a taught class (filmed), and a piece of pre-prepared written work on class planning.
13. Will this qualification be valid to work in gyms?
On qualifying I can help help you become a member of CIMSPA which most gyms recognise.